Looking for Barrels in SLC, Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Barrels in SLC, Utah

Does anyone know where one may find 3 or 4 blue/white barrels for barrelponics system? I live in SLC, UT. I would appreciate any help. I want to start a 3-season system as early as possible so I want to have the major pieces built and ready for the break in the weather.

Thanks!

Brad
    Last edited by Bwind; 12-28-2009, 06:32 AM. Reason: Glaring spelling error.

When I set my system up, I called around to all the food processing and Coke/drink bottling plants. I found a few that had free ones, (get on a waiting listing for 6 months), and many who would sell them periodically. Sorry, I didn't keep my list. Then I found, by looking in the Yellow Pages under "Barrels and Drums – Plastic", that there are several suppliers that will sell you new or cleaned barrels. I've also seen on KSL.com barrels advertised periodically. I'm on the list at one company and have been waiting 6 months. If I do add barrels to my system, I'll probably just go buy a few used ones and be done with it. Also, sometimes people will have them on Craig's list, but not usually for free. Unfortunately, the Salt Lake market consumes them for backup water storage barrels so any free ones tend to go fast.
    Neal Westwood
    www.utahaquaponics.com

Comment

I found some of my old notes. I don't know if these names and numbers are still good, but a year ago these were the contacts for barrels:

1) Birrel Bottling 801-782-5072 x202 (Jill) - get on list.
      2) Swire Coca-Cola 801-816-5458 - Darren, Get on list, or occasionally you can just come and get a couple.
      3) Uintah Brewing - Matt 435-645-9500 - only has a few, said to call and it's hit and miss.
      Neal Westwood
      www.utahaquaponics.com

Comment

Working...
      X